We’ve added the traditional ingredients in Ambrosia Salad, oranges and coconut, to this basic scone recipe to make a holiday treat—Ambrosia Scones.
Ambrosia Scones (2008)
Yield: 12 scones
Write a review
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried tropical fruit, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter and cream cheese until mixture is crumbly. Add the dried fruit, orange zest, and coconut, and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream and coconut extract. Add the cream mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to ¾-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut scones. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheets, and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/