Serve this scrumptious Apple-Brandy Tea Bread with Irish butter for afternoon tea or gift to loved ones for a thoughtful sweet treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter 2 (6×3½-inch) loaf pans and dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, eggs, oil, and brandy with a mixer at medium speed until blended, 2 to 3 minutes. With a wooden spoon, stir into flour mixture until combined. Stir in apples and nuts. Transfer mixture to prepared pans.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into centers comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert loaves onto rack, return to upright, and let cool completely before slicing.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!