Savory goat cheese and sweet apple slices make a delectable pair for this croustade recipe. Pictured with Ham, Cheddar, and Apple Tea Sandwiches.
Apple–Goat Cheese Croustades
Yield: 24 croustades • Preparation: 30 minutes
Write a review
- 1 (4-ounce) log goat cheese, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup finely chopped golden raisins
- 24 croustades, such as Siljan
- 2 cups very thin slices small apple
- Garnish: basil leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine goat cheese, cream cheese, and cream. Beat at high speed with a mixer until well blended. Reduce mixer speed to low, and add pecans and raisins, beating until incorporated.
- Just before serving, fill croustades with cheese mixture. Top each croustade with 3 apple slices, trimming as needed to fit.
- Garnish each croustade with a basil leaf, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime, September/October 2015