Delectable puff pastry, fresh apples, and pork sausage combine to create scrumptious Apple & Pork Sausage Rolls.
Apple & Pork Sausage Rolls
Author: Recipe Courtesy of Margaret M. Johnson, Teatime in Ireland, irishcook.com
- 1 (17.25-ounce) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage meat
- 2 Bramley apples, grated
- 1 Granny Smith apple, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Thaw pastry at room temperature for 40 minutes. Unfold puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Using a sharp knife, cut along folds to create 6 strips.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage meat with apples; season with salt and pepper. Place a 1½-inch-thick roll of mixture down center of each puff pastry strip.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water to make an egg wash. Brush sides of each sheet with egg wash and roll to seal.
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces and place seam-side down on prepared pans. Brush tops with additional egg wash. With the tip of a sharp knife, prick 2 to 3 slits in each roll to allow steam to escape.
- Bake until rolls are puffed and golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Serve immediately, or at room temperature.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!