Sliced almonds add crunch to Apricot-Almond Blondies.
Yield: 24 blondies • Preparation: 20 minutes • Bake: 20 minutes • Cool: 30 minutes
Write a review
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup toasted almond slices
- 3 tablespoons raw almond slices
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 13-x-9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat at high speed with a mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract, beating to incorporate. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Add to butter mixture, beating to combine. Add apricots and toasted almond slices, stirring to blend. Spread batter into prepared pan, smoothing with a spatula to create a level surface. Sprinkle raw almond slices on top.
- Bake until blondie edges are golden brown, approximately 20 minutes. (Don’t overbake or blondie will become hard). Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove blondie from pan and aluminum foil. If desired, trim and discard edges of blondie. Cut blondie into 24 squares.
- • Blondies can be made a day in advance and stored in an airtight container.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/