These Apricot & Almond Miniature Sticky Buns are a delightful treat.
Apricot & Almond Miniature Sticky Buns
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups apricot preserves, divided
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Sour Cream Dough (recipe follows)
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 24-well mini muffin pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and 1 cup preserves. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in brown sugar and flour until smooth.
- Using a rolling pin, roll half of Sour Cream Dough into a 16×14-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle half of brown sugar mixture over dough, and spread in a thin layer. Sprinkle with half of almonds and half of dried apricots. Starting at one long side, roll up dough, jelly roll style; pinch seam to seal. Trim ends, and cut into 10 (¾-inch-thick) buns. Repeat with remaining dough, brown sugar mixture, almonds, and apricots. Place buns, cut side up, in wells of prepared muffin pan.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 25 minutes.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 tablespoons water and remaining ¼ cup preserves. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until mixture is smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl, and stir in confectioners’ sugar until a smooth glaze forms. Spread glaze over buns. Serve warm.
Sour Cream Dough
- 1 cup warm whole milk (105° to 110°), divided
- 1 (0.25-ounce) package active dry yeast
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, stir together ¾ cup warm milk and yeast. Let stand until mixture is foamy, approximately 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, gently stir together by hand melted butter, sugar, sour cream, egg, and remaining ¼ cup warm milk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3½ cups flour and salt. Add half of flour mixture to butter mixture. With mixer at low speed, add yeast mixture, beating just until combined. Beat in remaining flour mixture. Switch to the dough hook attachment. Beat at medium speed until dough is smooth and elastic, approximately 3 minutes, adding remaining ½ cup flour if needed. (Dough should not be sticky.) Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half, and loosely shape each half into a ball.
- Spray 2 large bowls with cooking spray. Place dough in bowls, turning to grease top. Loosely cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°) until doubled in size, approximately 1 hour.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!