This easy chicken salad gets a new twist by adding apricot.
Apricot-Chive Chicken Salad in Puff Pastry Shells
Yield: 8 servings • Preparation: 15 minutes
Write a review
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 puff pastry shells, such as Pepperidge Farm, baked according to package directions
- Garnish: apricot roses (see Notes below) and chives
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, apricots, almonds, chives, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, stirring well. Place chicken salad in a covered container, and refrigerate until just before serving.
- Divide chicken salad evenly among puff pastry shells.
- Garnish with an apricot rose and a chive, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- • To make apricot roses, slice dried apricots lengthwise into thin slices. Roll slices into rosettes.
- • Apricot-Chive Chicken Salad can be made a day ahead and refrigerated until needed. Reserve almonds, and add them just before serving.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!