Delight your loved ones with heart-shaped apricot-rosemary scones at teatime.
Yield: 12 scones • Preparation: 20 minutes • Bake: 16 to 18 minutes
Write a review
- 1½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour*
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Spray 2 (6-well) mini heart-shaped muffin pans† with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add apricots and rosemary, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup, combine ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons cream and vanilla extract, stirring to blend. Add to flour mixture, stirring to combine. Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is uniformly moist.)
- Using a levered 3-tablespoon scoop, drop dough into wells of prepared pans, patting to create a level surface. Brush tops of scones with remaining 2 tablespoons cream. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake scones until a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- *We used Glutino brand gluten-free all-purpose flour, which is available at glutino.com and at some Whole Foods Markets.
- †We used NordicWare Platinum Mini Heart Baking Pans.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/