This Artichoke Frittata is full of Tuscan flavor from fresh oregano, lemon zest, provolone, and mascarpone cheese.
Yield: 8 servings • Preparation: 20 minutes • Bake: 23 minutes
Write a review
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped, and squeezed dry
- ½ cup shredded sharp provolone cheese
- Garnish: mascarpone cheese and fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a shallow 9-inch glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, melted butter, oregano, lemon zest, and pepper, whisking to blend. Add artichokes and provolone cheese, stirring until incorporated. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake until frittata is set and slightly puffed, approximately 23 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Garnish with a swirl of mascarpone cheese and oregano, if desired.
- MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Artichoke Frittata can be baked up to 3 hours in advance and served at room temperature.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/