Artichoke-Rice Salad in Bell Pepper Cups
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 baby bell peppers (assorted colors)
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- ⅓ cup chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1 recipe Lemon-Tarragon Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Garnish: fresh tarragon
- Make bell pepper cups by cutting off tops of baby bell peppers and scooping out seeds and membranes. Discard seeds and membranes, but reserve tops. Trim bottoms of pepper cups so they sit level. Cover cups with damp paper towels, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate until needed. Chop trimmings and reserved tops to yield ⅓ cup chopped bell pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice, artichoke hearts, chopped bell pepper, and enough Lemon-Tarragon Vinaigrette to moisten, stirring to blend. (Reserve remaining vinaigrette to drizzle on salad before serving.) Cover rice salad, and refrigerate until cold, approximately 4 hours.
- Place bell pepper cups on a serving dish, and fill with chilled rice salad. Lightly drizzle with reserved vinaigrette.
- Garnish with fresh tarragon sprigs, if desired.
Yield: ½ cup
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small glass jar with a screw-top lid, combine rice vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, tarragon, sugar, salt, and pepper, shaking well to emulsify.
Make-Ahead Tip: Lemon-Tarragon Vinaigrette can be made a day in advance and refrigerated until needed. Let come to room temperature, and shake well to emulsify before serving.
From TeaTime May/June 2016
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!