Arugula, Pecan, Pesto, and Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches pictured with Mushroom Brie Phyllo Cups.
Arugula, Pecan, Pesto, and Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches
- ½ (4-ounce) package fresh baby arugula
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8-ounce) package goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 12 slices honey wheat bread, frozen
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place arugula, ¼ cup pecans, Parmesan, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pulse until arugula is finely chopped and ingredients are well blended.
- In a medium bowl, beat together goat cheese and cream cheese with a mixer at medium-high speed until well combined. Transfer cheese mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large open star tip (Wilton #1M).
- Using a 1¾-inch round cutter, cut 24 rounds from frozen bread slices, discarding scraps.
- Spread a thin layer of pesto onto each bread round. Pipe cheese mixture onto pesto side of 12 bread rounds, and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup
- pecans. Top sandwiches with remaining bread rounds, pesto side down. Place on a tray, cover with plastic wrap, and let thaw at room temperature before serving.
Make-Ahead Tip: Pesto can be made a day in advance. Place pesto in a covered container, coat top of pesto with a thin layer of olive oil, and refrigerate. When ready to use, stir olive oil into pesto. Bread rounds can be cut a day in advance and stored in a resealable