Asparagus & Smoked Salmon Bagel Chip Crostini is an excellent savory to serve for afternoon tea and is always beloved by guests. Asparagus & Smoked Salmon Bagel Chip Crostini pictured with Israeli Salad Cups.
- 12 thin spears asparagus
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 12 slices smoked salmon (2.5 to 3 ounces)
- 12 bagel chips*
- 12 kalamata olive slices
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- Using a sharp knife, cut asparagus tips into 2-inch spears. (Reserve remaining asparagus for another use, if desired.)
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a simmer. Add asparagus spears; blanch for 30 seconds. Drain in a sieve and rinse under cold water for 1 minute to stop cooking. Pat dry with paper towels. Cut each spear in half lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, lemon zest and juice, and salt. Transfer cream cheese mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large open-star tip (Wilton #32).
- Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut 6 circles from smoked salmon. Using a sharp knife, cut each salmon circle in half.
- Pipe approximately 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture onto each bagel chip. Roll salmon half circles, flat edges up, around 2 crisscrossed asparagus halves. Top cream cheese with salmon rolls, seam side down, pressing gently to adhere. Place an olive slice on top of asparagus, nestling inside salmon roll, if necessary.
- Garnish with dill, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!