Enjoy the flavors of cilantro, tangy lime, fresh avocado and summer tomatoes in these Avocado-Cilantro Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken, pulled from a rotisserie chicken
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted whole almonds
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced avocado
- 8 small bakery croissants
- 1 cup thinly sliced tomato
- 1 cup loosely packed alfalfa sprouts
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, almonds, cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper, stirring to blend. Place in a covered container, and refrigerate until cold, approximately 4 hours.
- Gently toss avocado slices with remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice to prevent browning.
- Using a serrated bread knife, cut croissants almost in half horizontally. Place 2 to 3 avocado slices on bottom half of each croissant. Place 2 to 3 tomato slices on top of avocado. Fill each croissant with ⅓ cup chicken salad. Top chicken salad with approximately 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts, and close sandwich.
- Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your copy of TeaTime Celebrations 2016 today!