Artichoke hearts, baby kale, bacon, and Parmesan cheese combine to create delectable Bacon-Artichoke Canapés. Bacon-Artichoke Canapés pictured with Brisket and Slaw Roulades.
- 4 very thin slices wheat bread, frozen
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 8 canned artichoke hearts
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 leaves baby kale
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1¾-inch round cutter, cut 8 circles from frozen bread. Place on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops of bread rounds with melted butter.
- Bake until crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°. Line another rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray foil with cooking spray.
- Using a sharp knife, trim bottom of artichoke hearts to level. Trim top of artichoke hearts, if needed. Set artichoke hearts on prepared baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each bacon slice in half lengthwise to create a total of 8 thin strips. Wrap each artichoke heart with a bacon strip, overlapping as needed. Secure bacon with a wooden pick.
- Bake until bacon is browned and crisp, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Top each toast round with a kale leaf and a baked artichoke heart, carefully removing toothpicks. Fill artichoke hearts with a dollop of mustard. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve warm.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!