Filled with yummy goodness, these Basil-Mascarpone-Filled Strawberries make a beautiful and delicious bite.
Yield: 20 strawberries • Preparation: 25 minutes
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 20 large strawberries
- Garnish: fresh lime zest
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, confectioners’ sugar, basil, lime zest, and lime juice, stirring until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Stand strawberries on their stem ends. Using a paring knife, make 2 intersecting cuts in each strawberry, keeping base in tact. On each quarter of strawberry, make a small cut, angling the knife slightly inward.
- Transfer cheese mixture to a piping bag fitted with an open-star tip (Wilton #32). Pipe cheese mixture into center of each strawberry.
- Garnish with additional lime zest, if desired.
- • Strawberries can be made 2 hours in advance, lightly covered with plastic wrap, and refrigerated until needed.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/