Fresh herbs add extra flavor to a traditional teatime savory in these Basil-Shrimp Salad Tea Sandwiches. Basil-Shrimp Salad Tea Sandwiches pictured with Cucumber-Crème Fraîche Tea Sandwiches.
- 1 pound peeled, deveined, and cooked shrimp
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion (green parts only)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 large slices honey wheat bread
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse shrimp until finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, basil, green onion, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until combined. Add shrimp, stirring until well combined. Transfer shrimp salad to a covered container and refrigerate for several hours until chilled, up to a day.
- Spread shrimp salad in a thick even layer onto 3 bread slices. Top each with a remaining bread slice to make 3 whole sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich diagonally into 4 equal triangles. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for up to 2 hours until serving time.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!