These Beef Fillet Crostinis are a savory mixture of beef tenderloin fillet, mayonnaise, freshly ground horseradish, and flat-leaf parsley on a multigrain crostini. Pictured with Pizza Flatbread Stacks.
- 8 prepared multigrain crostini
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 (6- to 8-ounce) beef tenderloin fillet
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground horseradish
- Garnish: flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange crostini on prepared baking sheet. Brush crostini lightly with melted butter. Bake until lightly toasted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Line another baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat a small nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Drizzle both sides of fillet with olive oil, and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. When pan is hot, sear fillet on all sides until brown and slightly charred. Place on prepared baking sheet, and place in oven to finish cooking until desired degree of doneness is achieved, 5 to 7 minutes for rare. Remove from oven, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Using a long sharp knife, slice beef thinly.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and horseradish.
- Spread a layer of mayonnaise mixture onto each crostini. Divide beef among crostini.
- Garnish each crostini with a parsley leaf, if desired.
From TeaTime May/June 2017
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!