Take your seasonal cookies to another level with these gorgeous white chocolate vanilla Bird’s Nest Thumbprint Cookies.
Bird’s Nest Thumbprint Cookies
Yield: approximately 26
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white chocolate, melted according to package directions
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Garnish: small pastel jelly beans, such as Tropical Jelly Bellies
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until light and creamy. Add flour, beating to blend. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a levered 1-tablespoon scoop, portion dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Using a finger or the back of a rounded measuring spoon, press an indentation into center of each dough portion.
- Bake until edges of cookies are light golden brown, 14 to 18 minutes. If necessary, press centers down again. Transfer cookies to wire cooling racks, and let cool completely.
- Divide melted white chocolate among indentations in cookies. Sprinkle evenly with toasted coconut.
- Garnish cookies with jelly beans to resemble eggs in a bird’s nest, if desired.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature until serving time, up to 3 days.