Delectable rose potatoes, blue cheese, and filet mignon combine to create sumptuous Blue Cheese-Filet Rose Potato Canapés. Blue Cheese-Filet Rose Potato Canapés pictured with Vegetable-Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches and Mini Crab Quiches.
- 12 petite rose or red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1¾ teaspoons salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (4-ounce) filets mignons
- 24 small wedges blue cheese
- Garnish: Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off ends of potatoes (for a base for canapés). Cut potatoes in half shortways.
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, 1½ teaspoons olive oil, parsley, ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on prepared pan.
- Bake until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, approximately 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly filets. Rub with remaining 1½ teaspoon salt.
- In a medium cast-iron skillet, heat remaining 1½ teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add filets and cook until browned, 2 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer filets to a cutting board, and let rest for 20 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut filet into 24 thin slices.
- Stand potatoes larger ends up. Fold a filet slice in half and place on top of each potato. Top each with a blue cheese wedge.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Potatoes and filets can be cooked separately a day in advance, cooled, and stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Let come to room temperature before using.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!