Cut these Blue Cheese Tea Sandwiches into fall shapes for a nice autumn touch.
Blue Cheese Tea Sandwiches
Write a review
- ½ cup large-curd cottage cheese
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 slices very thin wheat bread
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, butter, cream cheese, blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Beat at medium-high speed with a mixer until well blended. Spread in a thick even layer onto 8 bread slices. Top each with a remaining bread slice. Place sandwiches in an airtight container. Freeze until very firm.
- Using leaf-shaped cutters, cut shapes from frozen sandwiches, discarding scraps. Place tea sandwiches on a serving plate, and cover with damp paper towels. Let stand at room temperature until completely thawed before serving.
- Kitchen Tip: Freezing sandwiches before cutting allows a more precise shape when cut.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime, September/October 2016
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!