These delicious “Blue Suede” Scones are full of flavor from sweet blueberries
and blue cheese crumbles.
“Blue Suede” Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- ⅓ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add blueberries and blue cheese, stirring to blend.
- Add 1 cup cream to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a ¾-inch thickness. Using a 2¼-inch square cutter, cut 11 scones from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet, and brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon cream.
- Bake until edges of scones are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
Recommended Condiment: Devon Cream
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!