Brisket and Slaw Roulades make an excellent addition to the savories course of your afternoon tea menu. Brisket and Slaw Roulades pictured with Bacon-Artichoke Canapés.
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped purple cabbage
- ⅓ cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 large multigrain flatbreads
- ½ cup chopped smoked brisket
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add cabbage and carrot, stirring until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir slaw again, and drain well. Spread an even layer of slaw onto flatbreads. Scatter brisket on top of slaw.
- Starting at one short side, roll up flatbreads firmly and evenly to encase ingredients and form a cylinder. Tuck ends under. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Just before serving, remove plastic wrap. Using a serrated knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard ends. Slice roulade into 12 (½-inch) slices. Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!