Flavored with fresh thyme, Gruyère cheese, broccoli florets, and roasted red peppers, Broccoli-Gruyère Quiches are a scrumptious savory for afternoon tea. Broccoli-Gruyère Quiches pictured with Curried Beef Triangles and Turkey & Pesto Tea Sandwiches.
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (2 sheets)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- ½ cup thawed frozen broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped roasted red peppers
- ¾ cup chopped green onions
- Unroll each pie dough sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to a ⅛ -inch thickness. Using a floured 5-inch round cutter*, cut 4 circles from each sheet. Stack dough circles on top of each other, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large liquid-measuring cup, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, cream, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Place dough rounds in 8 (3¾-inch) fluted tartlet pans. Using wide end of a chopstick, gently press dough into indentations in sides of pans. Place tartlet pans on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Divide cheese among prepared tartlet pans. Top with a layer of broccoli, red peppers, and green onions. Carefully pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until filling is puffed and a knife inserted in centers comes out clean, approximately 15 minutes. Let quiches cool slightly on a wire rack. Carefully remove from pans. Serve warm.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!