These Broccoli-Kale Slaw Phyllo Cups are a light and delicious bite for teatime. Broccoli-Kale Slaw Phyllo Cups pictured with Smoked Salmon, Corn, and Sun-Dried Tomato Tea Sandwiches and Turkey-Pear Tea Sandwiches.
- 1 cup very finely chopped curly kale
- ½ cup very finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 recipe Apple Cider Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 15 frozen mini phyllo cups, thawed
- In a medium bowl, toss kale and broccoli with Apple Cider Vinaigrette until coated. Place slaw in a covered container, and refrigerate to let flavors meld, up to a day in advance.
- Before serving, toss with additional vinaigrette to refresh, if needed. Add raisins and walnuts, stirring to combine.
- Divide slaw among phyllo cups.
- Serve immediately.
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small jar with a screw-top lid, combine olive oil, vinegar, shallot, sugar, salt, and pepper. Shake vigorously until emulsified. Let sit at room temperature for flavors to meld, approximately 1 hour. Shake vigorously just before using.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!