This classic Browned Butter–Pecan Bundt Cake is a decadent blend of flour, dark brown sugar, vanilla, and buttermilk.
Browned Butter–Pecan Bundt Cake
Makes 1 (6-cup) Bundt cake
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cane syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 6-cup Bundt pan* with baking spray with flour. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt ¼ cup butter over medium heat. Cook, swirling pan occasionally, until butter turns a medium-brown color and has a nutty aroma, approximately 10 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer browned butter to a medium bowl. Add pecans and brown sugar, stirring well. Spread pecan mixture in an even layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake pecans for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- Decrease oven temperature to 325°.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat together remaining 1 cup butter and granulated sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, beating until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating at low speed until combined. Add ½ cup browned butter pecans, beating until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling three-fourths of the way, tapping pan on countertop to level batter and reduce air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, approximately 75 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire cooling rack, and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, cream, and cane syrup until smooth. Pour over cooled cake. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup browned butter pecans over glaze.
*We used Nordic Ware 6 Cup Anniversary Cast Bundt Pan.