Toffee-topped chocolate goodness, our decadent Brownie Bites are a popular dessert.
Write a review
- 20 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, combine 4 ounces chocolate and butter, and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in the cocoa powder and sugar. Whisk in the vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the flour, chocolate chips, pecans, and salt. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove pan from oven, and let cool on a wire rack. Using a 1 1/2-inch round cutter, cut brownies.
- Place the rounds on a cooling rack set over a sheet pan.
- In a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, combine the remaining 16 ounces chocolate and the cream, and stir until melted. Pour the warm chocolate over each brownie bite to form an even coating, letting chocolate drip over sides. Top with toffee bits, and refrigerate until cool.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/