A tasty cracker is topped with thinly sliced brussels sprouts, pancetta, and a delectable sweet and sour sauce to create Brussels Sprout–Pancetta Canapés with Apple Cider Gastrique.
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces thinly sliced pancetta
- 25 rectangular crackers*
- Apple Cider Gastrique (recipe follows)
- In a medium bowl, stir together Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place Brussels sprouts in a single layer in pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until slices begin to char, approximately 5 minutes. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Cut pancetta into 25 pieces, and place a pancetta piece on each cracker. Arrange Brussels sprouts on pancetta. Brush canapés with Apple Cider Gastrique. Serve immediately.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, heat honey over medium-low heat until it begins to thin out, approximately 3 minutes. Add vinegar and salt, and bring to a simmer. Cook until mixture reduces by half, approximately 15 minutes. Transfer mixture to a heatproof bowl, and let cool.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!