Fresh pizza dough and a rotisserie chicken, both from your supermarket’s deli, make these Buffalo Chicken Pizzas easy to put together.
Buffalo Chicken Pizzas
Yield: 8 tea-sized pizzas • Preparation: 1 hour 20 minutes • Bake: 8 minutes
Write a review
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough*
- 1¼ cups chopped roasted chicken†
- ½ cup buffalo sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles, divided
- Garnish: sliced green onion, chopped celery, and parsley leaves
- Let pizza dough rest on counter at room temperature for 1 hour before using.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place a pizza stone in oven while oven is preheating. (A baking sheet can be used if a pizza stone is not available.)
- In a small bowl, combine chicken and ¼ cup buffalo sauce, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- Sprinkle work surface with 1 tablespoon cornmeal.
- Cut pizza dough into 8 equal portions. Place dough portions on work surface, and sprinkle lightly with flour. Using a rolling pin, roll out each portion into a 6-inch round.
- Brush each round lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Divide mozzarella, chicken, and 3 tablespoons blue cheese among rounds.
- Remove heated pizza stone from oven, and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Carefully place pizzas on pizza stone, and return to oven.
- Bake until pizza crusts are light brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup buffalo sauce and remaining 1 tablespoon blue cheese, if desired.
- Garnish with green onion, celery, and parsley, if desired.
- *Available at most grocery-store deli counters.
- †For testing purposes, we used rotisserie chicken.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/