These savory Tarragon Butter and Cucumber tea sandwiches are a dainty treat.
Tarragon Butter and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
Write a review
- 1 (14-inch) English cucumber
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices firm white sandwich bread
- Cut cucumber into 3 (3-inch) lengths, and cut in half lengthwise. Thinly slice lengthwise on a mandoline, and lay on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, tarragon, lemon zest, salt, and pepper, stirring to blend. Spread onto each bread slice. Place 4 to 5 cucumber slices on each of 3 bread slices, layering and shingling cucumber slices. Top with remaining 3 bread slices, butter side down.
- Using a serrated bread knife, trim crusts from sandwiches, creating 3-inch squares. (Discard crusts.) Cut sandwiches diagonally into quarters, creating 4 triangles.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/