Honor the upcoming nuptials of the guest of honor with heart-shaped, peppermint-flavored confections that can be easily tinted with gel food coloring to correspond to the wedding hues or to the bridal tea décor. Butter Mint Hearts pictured with White Chocolate– Strawberry Truffles.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint oil
- Green gel food coloring
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, confectioners’ sugar, cream, and 1 teaspoon warm water with a mixer, starting at low speed and gradually increasing to medium, until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and peppermint oil to mixture. Beat at medium speed, gradually increasing to high speed, until mixture is well combined. Add desired amount of green gel food coloring to mixture in bowl. Beat until color is well blended.
- Place 2 parchment paper sheets on a flat surface. Divide butter mixture in half. Place each half of butter mixture on a parchment paper sheet. Using a rolling pin, roll each half to a ⅓ -inch thickness. Using a 1¼-inch heart-shaped cutter, gently cut as many shapes from butter mixture as possible, rerolling as necessary. Using an of set spatula, transfer heart-shaped mints to prepared baking sheets. Let dry at room temperature for 12 hours. Place in a covered container, and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!