A classic salad is turned into a tasty sandwich in Caprese Tea Sandwiches. Caprese Tea Sandwiches pictured with Fruity & Nutty Curried Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches.
- 8 slices firm white sandwich bread, frozen
- 4 thin slices deli-style part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Golden Balsamic-Basil Aïoli (recipe follows)
- 8 thin slices Campari tomato, blotted dry
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
- Using a 1½-inch fluted round cutter, cut 16 rounds from frozen bread slices, discarding scraps. Cover with damp paper towels, or store in a resealable plastic bag.
- Using the same cutter, cut 8 rounds from cheese slices.
- Spread a layer of Golden Balsamic– Basil Aïoli onto bread rounds. Place a cheese round onto aïoli side of 8 bread rounds. Top each cheese round with a tomato slice. Cover each with a remaining bread round, aïoli side down.
- Cover with damp paper towels, and let bread thaw completely (approximately 30 minutes) before serving, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for a few hours until serving time.
- Just before serving, garnish each with a fresh basil leaf, if desired.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon golden balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, basil, vinegar, salt, and pepper until combined. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to a day.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!