Give traditional candy crunch apples a special touch by infusing apple tea into caramel for a sweet indulgence.
Caramel Crunch Apples
Makes 12 apples
Write a review
- 12 wooden sticks
- 12 small apples, such as lady apples
- 2 (11-ounce) bags chewy caramel candies
- ¼ cup strongly brewed apple tea*
- 2 cups chopped honey roasted peanuts
- 2 cups chopped roasted salted pistachios
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and coat with nonstick spray; set aside. Push wooden sticks into the tops of the apples, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the caramel candies and tea. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until smooth and uniform. Turn heat to low.
- Dip the apples, one at a time, into the caramel, rolling to coat. Using a butter knife, lightly level the bottoms of the apples, and set them on the parchment-lined pan; allow caramel to set for 5 minutes.
- Place the peanuts and pistachios into 2 separate medium, shallow bowls. Place the apples bottom side down in the nuts, and roll to coat the bottom halves. Return apples to parchment-lined pan, and allow caramel to set for 30 minutes before serving.
- • Apples will keep for 3 to 5 days, wrapped tightly in parchment paper or stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- *For testing purposes, our test kitchen used 2 bags Bigelow Apple Cider tea brewed in ½ cup water.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/