Freshly grated produce, golden raisins, mayonnaise, and parsley combine to create appetizing Carrot Canapés.
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin–swirl bread
- 1 cup very finely grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 8 fresh parsley sprigs
- Using a serrated bread knife, cut each bread slice into a 3-inch-long triangle that is 2½ inches wide at base, discarding scraps. To prevent drying out, store in a resealable plastic bag, or cover with a damp paper towel.
- In a small bowl, combine carrots, raisins, and mayonnaise, tossing with a fork until moistened and combined. Divide carrot salad among bread triangles, spreading to cover bread in an even layer.
- Tuck a parsley sprig under carrot salad at top of wide end of each canapé.
- Serve immediately.
Make-Ahead Tip: Carrot salad can be made a couple of hours in advance, placed in a covered container, and refrigerated until serving time. Assemble canapés just before serving.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!