Flavored with chives, russet potatoes, leeks, and cauliflower florets, this scrumptious Cauliflower-Leek Soup is a light and refreshing savory to serve for afternoon tea.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced leeks (approximately 2 large leeks)
- 5 cloves garlic, mashed
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (approximately 1 large head)
- 2½ cups chopped, peeled russet potato
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: chopped chives
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks, and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, approximately 5 minutes (do not brown). Add garlic, cooking until fragrant, approximately 1 minute. Add cauliflower, potato, stock, and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender, approximately 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, purée together cauliflower mixture and cream in blender until smooth. Serve hot.
- Garnish individual servings with chives, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!