Guests for afternoon tea will fall in love with refreshing, tea-infused Chai Spice Ice Cream. It pairs well with a hot cup of tea for a scrumptious and unique autumnal treat. Chai Spice Ice Cream pictured with Almond Thumbprint Cookies with Cinnamon-Pear Jam.
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tea bags chai spice tea
- 5 large egg yolks
- Garnish: ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, cream, ½ cup sugar, and salt. Cook over medium heat until steaming. Add tea bags. Turn off heat, cover, and let steep for 5 minutes. Press tea bags slightly with a spoon before removing and discarding.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and remaining ¼ cup sugar. Slowly pour warm cream mixture into yolks, whisking constantly. Pour mixture back into saucepan, and cook over medium heat, whisking until thickened and mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Refrigerate until completely chilled, stirring occasionally, approximately 4 hours.
- Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to a chilled airtight container, and freeze until firm, approximately 3 hours.
- Garnish individual servings with a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!