These Challah Scones are easy to make and delicious.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cold salted butter, cubed
- ¾ cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in cold butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine cold cream and egg yolks, whisking well. Add cream mixture to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a ¾-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch fluted round cutter, cut 12 scones from dough. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg. Brush top of scones with egg, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake until edges of scones are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, 14 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.