Half-moon-shaped tea sandwiches, filled with caramelized onions, cheddar, and apple-cranberry chutney, are a delightful add-on to your tea menu.
Cheddar and Chutney Tea Sandwiches
Makes 24 sandwiches
Write a review
- 3 cups thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ cups finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 24 thin slices pumpernickel bread, slices cut into 4-inch ovals
- 12 (4-inch) oval slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8.5-ounce) jar apple-cranberry chutney
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion in butter until onions are tender and brown, about 12 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the pecans and thyme; set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on half of the bread ovals. Top with a thin layer of caramelized onions and a slice of cheddar. On the second half of the bread ovals, spread a thin layer of chutney, then sandwich them atop the first slices.
- Slice each sandwich diagonally. Spread remaining cream cheese on round edges of each sandwich half; roll in pecan mixture.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/