Delicious bites of cheddar cheese, ground beef, and pizza sauce are enveloped in a tasty piecrust dough to create Cheesy Beef Pizza Turnovers. Cheesy Beef Pizza Turnovers pictured with Mini Twice-Baked Potato “Mice” and Chicken, Bacon, and Ranch Tea Sandwiches.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ pound ground beef
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrust dough
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook until browned and crumbly. (Drain if necessary.) Add pizza sauce, onion powder, and salt, stirring until combined. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Add cheese to cooled beef mixture, stirring until incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll dough. Using a 3½-inch round cutter, cut 16 dough circles, rerolling scraps as necessary. Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon beef mixture onto bottom half of each dough circle. Lightly brush edge of dough with water. Fold dough over. Crimp edges of dough with a fork dipped in flour. Place turnovers 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 teaspoon water. Brush tops of turnovers with egg mixture. Using a fork, pierce tops of turnovers.
- Bake until turnovers are golden brown, approximately 13 minutes. Let cool on a wire cooling rack for approximately 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!