Yield: 6 to 8 servings • Preparation: 15 minutes • Cook: 12 minutes
Write a review
- 4 slices bacon
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped carrot
- 4 cups prepared white and wild rice blend
- ¾ cup chopped vacuum-packed chestnuts
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove bacon from pan. Drain grease, reserving 2 tablespoons. Return reserved bacon grease to pan.
- Add celery, onion, and carrot to grease. Cook over medium heat until onion is translucent, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add prepared rice and chestnuts to pan, stirring to combine. Remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/