These crave-worthy Chicken & Bacon Tea Sandwiches are a wonderful addition to the savories course of your afternoon tea menu.
Chicken & Bacon Tea Sandwiches
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons whole buttermilk
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 18 thin slices white bread, frozen
- 18 thin slices wheat bread, frozen
- ½ pound deli chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ½ pound Havarti cheese, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cooked bacon, buttermilk, tarragon, chives, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise mixture onto each frozen bread slice. Divide chicken among mayonnaise side of 9 white bread slices and 9 wheat bread slices. Top chicken with cheese and with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise side down, placing white bread on white bread and wheat bread on wheat bread.
- Using a serrated knife in a gentle, sawing motion, trim and discard crusts, and cut each sandwich into 2 (3×1-inch) fingers.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!