The scrumptious flavors of chicken salad and chutney combine to create tasty Chicken-Chutney Tea Sandwiches. Chicken-Chutney Tea Sandwiches pictured with Smoky Pimiento Cheese Tea Sandwiches.
- 2 cups finely chopped roast chicken
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped arugula
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 3 tablespoons Major Grey chutney
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices rye and pumpernickel swirl bread
- 3 slices rye bread
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, celery, arugula, 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, chutney, mustard, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Spread remaining 2 tablespoons mayonnaise in a thin layer onto bread slices. Spread half of chicken salad onto mayonnaise side of 3 swirl bread slices. Top each with a rye bread slice, mayonnaise side up. Spread remaining half of chicken salad onto mayonnaise side of rye bread slices. Cover with remaining swirl bread slices, mayonnaise-side down, to make 3 triple-stack sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half vertically and cut each half diagonally into 2 triangles. Serve immediately, or cover with a damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until needed, up to 1 hour.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!