Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Green Apple & Tarragon
- 2 cups chopped poached chicken breast
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped green apple
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 16 slices potato bread
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together chicken, cream, tarragon, mustard, salt, and pepper until well blended and desired texture is achieved. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add apple and celery, stirring to combine.
- Spread an even layer of chicken salad onto 8 bread slices. Top with remaining 8 bread slices.
- Using a long serrated bread knife in a sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich diagonally into 4 triangles. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until serving time.