These tasty Chicken-Spinach Tea Sandwiches make a light and refreshing savory for teatime. Chicken-Spinach Tea Sandwiches pictured with Ham, Pepperoni, and Cheddar Tea Sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 thin slices wheat bread, toasted
- ¼ pound thinly deli-sliced chicken breast
- Garnish: thyme sprigs
- In a medium sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes. Stir in spinach, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until spinach wilts, approximately 3 minutes. Drain and discard juices. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together mascarpone cheese, remaining 1 teaspoon lemon zest, and pepper. Spread mixture onto each bread slice. Top 6 bread slices with an even layer of spinach and a layer of chicken. Top with remaining bread slices, spread side down.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 2 (3×1-inch) finger sandwiches. Cover with damp paper towels, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!