This Chilled Sweet Pea Soup is light and refreshing.
Chilled Sweet Pea Soup
Serves: Approximately 5½ cups or 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium leek (white and light green portion only), chopped
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (10-ounce) bags frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: fresh mint leaves
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add leek, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Add peas, stirring until combined, and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add minced mint, and salt, stirring well. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Working in batches, transfer soup mixture to the container of a blender; blend until smooth. Transfer soup to a large bowl. Stir in cream. Let cool for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish individual servings with mint leaves, if desired. Serve cold.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!