These Chive and Goat Cheese Scones are studded with delicate fresh chives and creamy chèvre.
Chive and Goat Cheese Scones
Yield: 24 scones • Preparation: 15 minutes • Bake: 10 to 11 minutes
Write a review
- 2¾ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 1¼ cup cold heavy cream
- 2 large eggs, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisking to combine. Add goat cheese and chives, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cream and 1 egg, whisking until egg is beaten and incorporated into cream. Add cream mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. (If mixture seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.)
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 3 times. Roll dough out to a ½-inch thickness.
- Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut 24 scones from dough, re-rolling scraps as needed. Place scones on prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat remaining egg. Brush tops of scones with beaten egg.
- Bake until light golden brown, 10 to 11 minutes.
- For testing purposes, we used Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend gluten-free all-purpose flour. Using another brand may yield different results. Sift or whisk flour before measuring.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/