Strawberries and chocolate make a lovely combination in these Chocolate Cheesecake Tarts.
Chocolate Cheesecake Tarts
Yield: 2 (4-inch) tarts
Write a review
- 1 cup fine chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1½ teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 to 5 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs, 1½ teaspoons sugar, and melted butter, and mix well. Press crumb mixture into two 4-inch heart-shaped tart pans with a removable bottoms. Bake for 12 minutes; set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cream cheese, egg, and cocoa powder until combined. Divide batter evenly among prepared crusts.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until centers are set. Cool completely, then refrigerate for 1 hour, or until chilled.
- Arrange strawberry slices over the top of chilled tarts. Place strawberry preserves in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds, or until preserves are melted. Brush on top of strawberries. Chill until topping is firm.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/