Decadent Chocolate Whipped Cream and sweet cherry preserves create scrumptious Chocolate-Cherry Phyllo Cups.
Chocolate-Cherry Phyllo Cups
- 1 (1.9-ounce) package frozen phyllo shells, thawed
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup cherry preserves
- Chocolate Whipped Cream (recipe follows)
- Garnish: grated bittersweet chocolate and 15 maraschino cherries with stems
- Bake phyllo cups to crisp according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate and cream over low heat. Let chocolate melt, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Add butter, stirring until incorporated.
- Fill each phyllo cup with approximately ½ teaspoon chocolate mixture. Place phyllo cups on a rimmed baking sheet, and refrigerate until chocolate mixture becomes somewhat firm, but not hard, approximately 15 minutes.
- Place approximately ½ teaspoon cherry preserves over chilled chocolate layer.
- Place Chocolate Whipped Cream in a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip (Wilton #1M). Pipe an upright frill into each cup on top of cherry preserves.
- Garnish with grated bittersweet chocolate and top each with a maraschino cherry, if desired. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 1 hour before serving.
Chocolate Whipped Cream
Serves: 1 cup
- ½ cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small, deep bowl, beat together cream, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract with a mixer at high speed until thick and creamy, and stiff peaks form. Use immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!