Drizzled with decadent chocolate and filled with pecans and old-fashioned oats, these delicious Chocolate-Drizzled Lace Cookies are a definite crowd-pleaser. Chocolate-Drizzled Lace Cookies pictured with Mini Blueberry-Swirl Cheesecakes.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line several baking sheets with foil, dull side up. Grease foil with softened butter. (Be sure to completely coat foil with butter.)
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg, sugars, vanilla extract, and salt with a mixer at high speed until mixture thickens and is pale. Add pecans, oats, and melted butter, stirring well.
- Drop approximately 2 teaspoons dough 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using a fork dipped in water, flatten cookies.
- Bake until edges of cookies are deep golden brown, 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheets. Carefully peel cookies from foil (cookies will peel more easily when cooled). Transfer cookies to a wire rack.
- In a small heatproof bowl set over a small saucepan of simmering water, melt together chocolate and shortening, stirring until smooth. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag. Cut a small hole in tip of bag. Drizzle chocolate mixture over cookies. Let stand until set. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!