Decadent chocolate drizzled on tasty peanut butter shortbread creates scrumptious Chocolate-Drizzled Peanut Butter Shortbread.
Chocolate-Drizzled Peanut Butter Shortbread
Serves: 36 squares
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup peanut butter morsels
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate bar, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with 2 parchment paper sheets, letting parchment hang over sides. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, confectioners’ sugar, and brown sugar. Beat at medium-high speed with a mixer until light and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract, beating to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt, whisking well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating well to combine. Add peanut butter morsels, stirring to combine.
- Using food-safe gloves or lightly dampened hands, press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake until shortbread is lightly golden brown and firm, approximately 50 minutes. Place pan on wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Using parchment paper as handles, lift shortbread from pan and onto a cutting surface.
- Place melted chocolate in a piping bag or a resealable plastic bag with a very small corner cut off. Drizzle chocolate in a diagonal direction over shortbread. Let sit until chocolate cools and sets.
- Using a long, sharp knife, cut 36 squares from shortbread by pressing straight down to create clean cuts.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container with layers separated by wax paper until serving time.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!