This sweet and savory scone has hints of chocolate and feta.
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (8-ounce) package feta cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- Garnish: raspberry jam and raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add chocolate morsels and feta, stirring to blend.
- Add 1 cup cream to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a ¾-inch thickness. Using a 2¼-inch round cutter, cut 15 scones from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet, and brush with remaining 1 tablespoon cream.
- Bake until edges are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime January/February 2016
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your copy of TeaTime, January/February 2017 today!